[dpdk-dev] Receiving packets on only one port

Daeyoung Kim kdy1029 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 16:32:33 CEST 2015

Hi Keunhong,

Thank you for your help. Here is the network topology.

DNS Client - Switch 1 - Switch 2 - Switch 3 - DNS Server
                             |                                  |
                         port 0                          port 1

DPDK port 0 receives packets using from the Switch 1 port mirroring and
port 1 receives packets from the Switch 2 using port mirroring as well. As
I already said, when I send DNS packets, the wireshark simultaneously gets
all the packets on two ports. I'm sorry what I told you is incorrect. Using
my program with promiscuous mode, the port 0 receives only DNS queries from
the DNS client, but the port 1 receives only DNS replies from the DNS
server. I'd like to know why it happens.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Daeyoung