[dpdk-dev] #PERSONAL# Guest Machine is not Pingable from Host Machine

Ngo Doan Lap lapngodoan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 09:06:01 CET 2015

Hi,
You need use dpdkvhost port for VM, not dpdk port.
For example, here is the log
9029690c-9544-4ad0-aa41-b018c1a755e2
    Bridge "br1"
        Port "dpdkvhost1"
            Interface "dpdkvhost1"
                type: dpdkvhost
        Port "br1"
            Interface "br1"
                type: internal
        Port "dpdk0"
            Interface "dpdk0"
                type: dpdk
        Port "dpdk1"
            Interface "dpdk1"
                type: dpdk
        Port "dpdkvhost0"
            Interface "dpdkvhost0"
                type: dpdkvhost
  Please refer to this link
https://01.org/sites/default/files/page/intel_onp_server_release_1.2_benchmark_test_report_v1.0.pdf
(Page 40,41,...53..)
It will help you to setup OVS correctly.

--
Thanks and Best Regards,
Ngo Doan Lap