[dpdk-dev] Question about link up/down events and transmit queues

Matt Laswell laswell at infiniteio.com
Tue Mar 10 16:47:03 CET 2015

Hey Folks,

I'm running into an issue that I hope is obvious and simple.  We're running
DPDK 1.6.2 with an 82599 NIC.  We find that if, while running traffic, we
disconnect a port and then later reconnect it, we never regain the ability
to transmit packets out of that port after it comes back up.
Specifically, our calls to rte_eth_tx_burst() get return values that
indicate that no packets could be sent.

Is there an additional step that we have to do on link down/up operations,
perhaps to tell the NIC to flush its descriptor ring?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Matt Laswell
*infinite io, inc.*