[dpdk-dev] tools brainstorming

Mcnamara, John john.mcnamara at intel.com
Mon Mar 23 17:18:18 CET 2015

Hi,

There was a discussion about using Coverity several months ago and Vincent set up an initial project.

    http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-August/004962.html

I created a similar Coverity project and have been uploading snapshots since January and comparing the results to a similar tool we use internally (it compares well).

If anyone would like to view the analysis results you can sign up to Coverity and apply for access to the DPDK project.

    https://scan.coverity.com/users/sign_up
    https://scan.coverity.com/projects/4005 (DPDK)

Alternatively, drop me an email and I'll send you an invite. Apply as Contributor/Member if you plan to review/close issues or as Defect Viewer if you just wish to see the issues.

Like any static analysis tool there may be false positives. These can be flagged as such.

John