[dpdk-dev] Symmetric RSS Hashing, Part 2

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Mon Mar 23 22:27:19 CET 2015

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 04:20:33PM +0100, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 2015-03-23 10:05, Matt Laswell:
> > Hey Folks,
> >
> > I have essentially the same question as Matthew.  Has there been progress
> > in this area?
>
> No, AFAIK.
> Submitting a patch would be a good start I think.

Hi Thomas,

We did have somebody in the past thread who tried the key recommended in a
scientific paper to get a symmetric hash, 0x6d5a I believe. However it didn't
seem to get the expected results when tested in real life.

We're happy to make patches but we're not sure of the content to put in there
if the only such RSS key we heard about didn't work when it was tested. Is
there a subject matter expert in RSS who would be able to assist in more
detail to figure out what went wrong?

Matthew.