[dpdk-dev] GitHub sandbox for the DPDK community

Aaro Koskinen aaro.koskinen at iki.fi
Fri May 1 19:18:54 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Fri, May 01, 2015 at 12:45:12PM -0400, Neil Horman wrote:
> >   - GitHub manages the patches via pull requests and can be easily seen
> > via a web browser.
> >   - The down side is you do have to use a web browser to do some work, but
> > the bulk of the everyday work would be done as it is today.
> >     - I think we all have a web browser now :-)
> Yes, but as you said above, using a web browser doesn't make reviewing patches
> faster.  In fact, I would assert that it slows the process down, as it
> prevents quick, easy command line access to patch review (as you have with a
> properly configured MUA).  That seems like we're going in the opposite
> direction of at least one problem we would like to solve.

I agree. Having a web browser interface for reviews etc. is acceptable
only if people can still continue to use e-mail if they prefer.
I don't know how github works in this regard but patches should still
appear on the mailing list and it should be still possible to comment
them via mailing list.

A.