[dpdk-dev] GitHub sandbox for the DPDK community

Neil Horman nhorman at tuxdriver.com
Mon May 4 20:52:39 CEST 2015

On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 10:48:57AM -0700, Matthew Hall wrote:
> On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 12:43:48PM +0000, Qiu, Michael wrote:
> > What mail client do you use? I think  mail client supporting thread mode
> > is important for patch review.
>
> Like many UNIX people, I use mutt.
>
> My concern is that, if we're making the widespread adoption, usage, and
> contributions for DPDK dependent on selection or debate of the features of
> various MUAs, I'm not sure that we're looking at this from the right angle.

I think the exact opposite is being asserted here.  To use the example being
discussed, if you feel that quote collapsing is an important feature to your
workflow, then pick an MUA that gives you that feature.  Theres no need to
mandate a workflow that is implemented by a service like github, just so that
some set of features is available to those that like it.

Neil