[dpdk-dev] performance issue with ovs + dpdk2.0 with vhost

Thomas F Herbert therbert at redhat.com
Fri May 15 16:41:30 CEST 2015

On 5/15/15 9:55 AM, Rao, Ravi wrote:
> Hi All,
>     I am trying to get a Guest VM connected to the dpdkvhost interface on a host which has the ovs running from the latest ovs git and dpdk2.0. Looks like I am missing something as 95% of traffic is not getting to the VM. Can one of you please let me know which mailing list I should be posting the details for getting a resolution. Is it this dpdk list OR would it be the openvswitch list?
You could also try the openvswitch discuss list but this list is a good
starting point. I am working with vhost/dpdk2.0 and ovs and others are too.
Could you please send more details about what you are seeing? Are you
using the Linux stack in the guest? Do you see packets on the input IF
in the guest?

--
Thomas F Herbert
Principal Software Engineer