[dpdk-dev] traffic no longer readable...

Jeff Weeks jweeks at neuraldk.org
Thu May 21 20:33:27 CEST 2015

On Wednesday, May 20, 2015 06:31:33 PM Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 2015-05-20 11:59, Jeff Weeks:
> > forgot to include the list...

Hmm... I realize now that I've misspoke on *both* questions; my apologies.

I am, in fact, running dpdk 1.7.

And, while I am using the linux vhost kernel module, I am not using the dpdk
vhost sample code, so the above bugfix doesn't apply.

While I'd like to upgrade to the latest dpdk code, the API changes make this
less-than-trivial at the moment.

Are there specific areas I should be looking to debug this?  rte_eth_rx_burst
believes the rx queue is empty.

I'm not sure whether this is indication that the "filler" of the queue is
misbehaving, or if the dpdk side of reading the queue is misbehaving.

--Jeff