[dpdk-dev] Status of bnx2x pmd?

Charles (Chas) Williams 3chas3 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 19:20:43 CET 2015

On Fri, 2015-10-30 at 18:10 -0400, Mussar, Gary wrote:
> I have been attempting to build testpmd with the bnx2x pmd enabled to try and talk through a bcm57810 10G NIC card. I have tried using SR-IOV VFs and I have tried using the PFs. Neither seem to be able to be properly initialized in testpmd and/or testpmd aborts.
>
> Is this PMD actually usable or is it trash?
>
> Gary

See the two patches I have posted to this list recently w/respect to the
bnx2x.  At this point, I have a VF on a 57810 working in the TX direction.
I am unable to figure out what is wrong with the RX direction though.

The rx packet counters increment but I don't seem to get packet delivery.

There is probably a minor issue with bnx2x_fill_accept_flags() being
used in both the PF and VF drivers when setting the rx filter but fixing
that didn't seem to help.

At this point it is a long slog comparing the linux driver to the
PMD driver.