[dpdk-dev] support for X552/X557-AT 10GBase-T devices

Aws Ismail aws.ismail at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 22:08:37 CET 2015

I am wondering if there is support for such device in the ixgbe PMD.

the dpdk nic bind script seems to see them correctly but when running
testpmd with those ports, they always come with link status down.

>From the dpdk_nic_bind script (snip):

Network devices using DPDK-compatible driver
0000:03:00.0 'Ethernet Connection X552/X557-AT 10GBASE-T' drv=igb_uio unused=
0000:03:00.1 'Ethernet Connection X552/X557-AT 10GBASE-T' drv=igb_uio unused=

And I am starting testpmd with this command line:

./testpmd -c 0x7  -n 4 -- -i

I have enabled all the ixgbe debugging messages and I have noticed
this messages when testpmd starts:

PMD: ixgbe_device_supports_autoneg_fc(): Device 15ad does not support
flow control autoneg

I am using the latest dpdk on master branch as of today.