[dpdk-dev] support for X552/X557-AT 10GBase-T devices

Aws Ismail aws.ismail at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 17:32:16 CET 2015

Hi all,

I have sent in an earlier email, but it seems it did not get any reply.

I just wanted to confirm whether the 0x15ad X552/X557-AT 10GBase-T
devices are currently "fully" supported by DPDK (master).

Does anyone know about this?

I have looked at the ixgbe PMD code and I can see 0x15AD being
mentioned in the device list but I am unable to fully use it even with
the testpmd app.

I understand that the 0x15ad devices are not yet fully supported in
the mainline kernel (even in 4.3.x) as of yet, but I wonder if the PMD
usually lags behind the mainline driver.

Thanks for your time.