[dpdk-dev] Making rte_eal_pci_probe() in rte_eal_init() optional?

David Marchand david.marchand at 6wind.com
Sat Nov 14 18:51:22 CET 2015

Hello Roger,

On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 4:55 PM, Roger B. Melton <rmelton at cisco.com> wrote:

> Agreed.  For our application, the debug case would be to _enable_ the PCI
> scan.
>
> Again, thanks David for pointing it out.  It did solve our problem.

The only problem with --no-pci is that I think that vfio won't work
properly if used.

Did you try to blacklist all your devices then attach them later ?
I would say what you need here is to "blacklist all" or "whitelist none" at
startup, so maybe a special keyword for -b/-w options.

--
David Marchand