[dpdk-dev] Questions about rte_eth_dev multiple rx queue selection (~/dpdk/lib/librte_ether).

최익성 pnk003 at naver.com
Wed Nov 18 07:27:31 CET 2015

Dear DPDK experts.

I really appreciate for your precious answers and advices and thank you for your great contributions.

I have questions about rte_eth_dev multiple rx queue usage (~/dpdk/lib/librte_ether).

Please let me know, if I am wrong or I have something missed.

The applications use rte_eth_dev_configure( port,  n_rx_queues, n_tx_queues, &port_conf) to setup multiple rx queues for a port.

How can we select rx queues for the packets from a port?  Is there any rx queue selection function?

Is it determined by NIC and is the rx queue information delivered to DPDK?

I will appreciate to you if I can be given any answer, advice, and comments.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely Yours,

Ick-Sung Choi.