[dpdk-dev] Questions about rte_eth_dev multiple rx queue selection (~/dpdk/lib/librte_ether).

Choi, Sy Jong sy.jong.choi at intel.com
Wed Nov 18 07:43:11 CET 2015

Hi Mr. Choi,

Please refer to testpmd, we demonstrate filtering to a selected queue.
There are plenty of functions that allow you to select a queue:-

Exp:-
Add or delete a L2 Ethertype filter, which identify packets by their L2 Ethertype mainly assign
them to a receive queue.
ethertype_filter (port_id) (add|del) (mac_addr|mac_ignr) (mac_address) ethertype
(ether_type) (drop|fwd) queue (queue_id)
The available information parameters are:
• port_id: the port which the Ethertype filter assigned on.
• mac_addr: compare destination mac address.
• mac_ignr: ignore destination mac address match.
• mac_address: destination mac address to match.
• ether_type: the EtherType value want to match, for example 0x0806 for ARP packet.
0x0800 (IPv4) and 0x86DD (IPv6) are invalid.
• queue_id : The receive queue associated with this EtherType filter. It is meaningless
when deleting or dropping.

There are 2tuple,5tuple,syn, flex filters and flow director

Regards,
Choi, Sy Jong
Platform Application Engineer