[dpdk-dev] Hotplug

Tetsuya Mukawa mukawa at igel.co.jp
Thu Oct 8 01:45:33 CEST 2015

On 2015/10/07 22:16, Srikanth Akula wrote:
> Thank you for the inputs .
>
> I was able to solve the problem of device notification from my control
> plane.
>
> I would like to know if we have any way to know if the PCI device is
> already attached before we try to attach it ( if the device is already
> attached pci probe will result an error ) .
> But i want to know before hand to verify if the device is already attached
> or not .

Hi  Srikanth,

I guess below API may help you.
(Unfortunately, I am out of office now, so I haven't checked it, but I
guess it works.)

 - struct rte_eth_dev *rte_eth_dev_allocated(const char *name)

If none NULL value is returned, a device has been already attached.
If you want to check a physical NIC, above 'name' parameter will be like
below.

    snprintf(name, size, "%d:%d.%d",
                        pci_dev->addr.bus, pci_dev->addr.devid,
                        pci_dev->addr.function);