[dpdk-dev] Segmentation fault when bonding ports on Mellanox ConnectX-3

Jesper Wramberg jesper.wramberg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 17:25:01 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the ConnectX-3 card from
Mellanox ? I have a server with such a card I can't seem to get link
bonding to work.

I've installed the necessary kernel modules, etc. and the card works as
expected when testing it using e.g. the layer 2 forwarding example. If i
try to run the bond example, however, I get a segmentation fault when the
"rte_eth_bond_slave_add" function is called. Originally I wanted to bond
the ports using the EAL cmd line option but the card only has one pci
address :(

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this behavior ?
I am running fw version 2.30.x which I have considered upgrading. Besides
this I have been wondering if I have to do anything in Linux since the PMD
uses the Linux drivers for control. I haven't been able to find any
information on it though.

Regards,
Jesper Wramberg