[dpdk-dev] rte_eal_init() alternative?

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at redhat.com
Fri Oct 9 12:40:18 CEST 2015

On 10/09/2015 01:03 PM, Montorsi, Francesco wrote:
> Hi Panu,

Sorry but no, down the path of exceptions lies madness. It'd also be
giving the middle finger to people using DPDK as a shared library.

Exported structs are always a PITA and even more so in something like
configuration which is expected to keep expanding and/or otherwise
changing.

I'd much rather see an rte_eal_init() which takes struct *rte_cfgfile as
the configuration argument. That, plus maybe enhance librte_cfgfile to
allow constructing one entirely in memory + setting values in addition
to getting.

	- Panu -