[dpdk-dev] Accurate timestamps in received packets

Montorsi, Francesco fmontorsi at empirix.com
Mon Oct 12 10:26:06 CEST 2015

Hi Wenzhuo,

I tried using IEEE 1588 without success. In particular I enabled it at build-time of DPDK and then after calling rte_eth_rx_burst() I tried calling rte_eth_timesync_read_tx_timestamp() to get a timestamp from the port_id used to receive a burst of packets, but the function always returns with an error.
Moreover, even if the function succeeded I need a timestamp for every incoming packet, not a single timestamp for the whole burst of received packets... do you know how I could achieve that?

Thanks,
Francesco