[dpdk-dev] [dpdk-dev, PATCHv5, 1/8] ethdev: add new API to retrieve RX/TX queue information

Amine Kherbouche amine.kherbouche at 6wind.com
Wed Oct 14 13:39:30 CEST 2015

Hi Konstantin
> +/**
> + * Ethernet device RX queue information structure.
> + * Used to retieve information about configured queue.
> + */
> +struct rte_eth_rxq_info {
> +	struct rte_mempool *mp;     /**< mempool used by that queue. */
> +	struct rte_eth_rxconf conf; /**< queue config parameters. */
> +	uint8_t scattered_rx;       /**< scattered packets RX supported. */
> +	uint16_t nb_desc;           /**< configured number of RXDs. */
Here i need two more fields in this struct :
     uint16_t free_desc : for free queue descriptors
     uint16_t used_desc : for used queue descriptors
> +} __rte_cache_aligned;
> +
> +/**
> + * Ethernet device TX queue information structure.
> + * Used to retieve information about configured queue.
> + */
> +struct rte_eth_txq_info {
> +	struct rte_eth_txconf conf; /**< queue config parameters. */
> +	uint16_t nb_desc;           /**< configured number of TXDs. */
And also here.
> +} __rte_cache_aligned;
> +
>   struct rte_eth_dev;
How to add them without breaking API ? I would prefer to see them now, so
I'll send an update on your patch series that i'll use this 2 more
fields. The purpose will be to provide analysis of the usage of the RX
and TX queues.