[dpdk-dev] I have a problem in setting up DPDK 2.1.0 in Fedora OS release 20 (Heisenbug). I cannot r

Mcnamara, John john.mcnamara at intel.com
Thu Oct 15 10:10:48 CEST 2015

Hi,

This may be a known issue. See:

http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/rel_notes/known_issues.html#devices-bound-to-igb-uio-with-vt-d-enabled-do-not-work-on-linux-kernel-3-15-3-17

"Devices bound to igb_uio with VT-d enabled do not work on Linux kernel 3.15-3.17

    When VT-d is enabled (iommu=pt intel_iommu=on), devices are 1:1 mapped. In the Linux kernel unbinding devices from drivers removes that mapping which result in IOMMU errors. Introduced in Linux kernel 3.15 commit, solved in Linux kernel 3.18 commit."

John