[dpdk-dev] Inconsistent statistics counters for pmd_i40e

Eimear Morrissey eimear.morrissey at ie.ibm.com
Thu Oct 22 11:57:18 CEST 2015

<eimear.morrissey at ie.ibm.com

arnon at qwilt.com

> Hi Arnon,
>
> The firmware version I'm using is 4.26. Where do you see the latest
> is 4.5 - I can't find anything obvious in the download centre?
>
> Regards,
> Eimear
>

> --
>
> Arnon Warshavsky
> Qwilt | work: +972-72-2221634 | mobile: +972-50-8583058 | arnon at qwilt.com

I tried installing the firmware but on running the NVM update tool I just
get "No updates available for your device" which makes me think that (for
my SKU at least) I'm on the latest firmware.

Also, if I bind the card back to the i40e driver, I can force the dropped
count in ifconfig to increase by decreasing the rx ring size so I'm not
convinced it's entirely a hardware issue.

Regards,
Eimear