[dpdk-dev] GIT workflow model to help solve some of the problems

Wiles, Keith keith.wiles at intel.com
Thu Oct 22 15:13:57 CEST 2015

I have been looking at the a GIT flow model that seems to help with our backlog problem and how we stage releases.

I found this model a few years ago and find it to be very reasonable and helps us with development.

The model may not be perfect, but it does give us the next branch via the develop branch and gets any bugs/patches off the master branch. I have not found a simpler solution that does not have problem and this one may have problems as well, but it seem to be reasonable. Some call the develop branch the ‘next’ branch, but it does not matter what it is called IMO.

—
Regards,
++Keith Wiles
Intel Corporation