[dpdk-dev] librte_table build race with SYMLINK-FILE?

Simon Kågström simon.kagstrom at netinsight.net
Mon Apr 11 12:46:16 CEST 2016

Hi!

I'm upgrading from DPDK 2.1 to 16.04-rc4, and have a new build issue
which I didn't see before. It's in the librte_table and happens from
time to time (unfrequently) in my out-of-tree build. It looks like a
race between comilation and SYMLINK-FILE:

[...]
== Build lib/librte_table
  CC rte_table_lpm_ipv6.o
  CC rte_table_lpm.o
  CC rte_table_acl.o
  CC rte_table_hash_key8.o
In file included from [...]lib/librte_table/rte_table_lpm.c:43:0:
[...]/dpdk.build/include/rte_lpm.h:484:25: fatal error: rte_lpm_sse.h:
No such file or directory
 #include "rte_lpm_sse.h"
                         ^
compilation terminated.
  CC rte_table_hash_key16.o
[...]

In this case, rte_lpm_sse.h is optionally symlinked if we're not on ARM.
I've tried patching away the issue by unconditionally symlinking the
_{neon,sse}.h files, and while I don't see the problem after that, I
don't really see why it would improve the situation.

Does anyone else see this as well?

// Simon