[dpdk-dev] [Announce] A new tree for vhost/virtio

Yuanhan Liu yuanhan.liu at linux.intel.com
Mon Apr 18 20:55:06 CEST 2016

Hi,

Here I'd like to announce a new tree for vhost/virtio[0], and I'm
going to be the maintainer.

    [0]: http://dpdk.org/browse/next/dpdk-next-virtio/

This is done by a private request to Thomas few days ago (well, I'd
confess this should have been a public request/discussion, and you
can find it in the end of this email).

And this is for merging patches a bit faster, especially for those
fix and cleanup patches. Note that it still takes time to merge
feature patches, even those from myself. Another note is that this
tree is meant to be rebaseable.

You are suggested to make virtio/vhost patches based on this tree,
to reduce patch conflict chance.

@Tetsuya, do you mind if I take over patches for vhost-pmd as well?

Thanks.

	--yliu