[dpdk-dev] TSO support for Virtio_pmd

Tan, Jianfeng jianfeng.tan at intel.com
Wed Apr 20 09:09:42 CEST 2016

Hi Nissim,

On 4/20/2016 2:10 PM, Nissim Nisimov wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I see some additions in dpdk 16.04 to support TSO for vhost-user dpdk driver with vanilla linux virtio VM.
>
> Does dpdk Virtio driver support TSO with the current code?

Virtio pmd driver does not support TSO for now.

> if not, is there any plan to support it in the future?

Previously, it's implemented in the v3 of the patchset, which you are
referring to, but abandoned in the v4.
v3: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.networking.dpdk.devel/27512
v8: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.networking.dpdk.devel/32743

It may be because that there's no consumers (L4 stack) for this feature.
And if you want that, you could make that as a reference.

Thanks,
Jianfeng