[dpdk-dev] PKT_RX_VLAN_PKT when VLAN stripping is disabled

John Daley (johndale) johndale at cisco.com
Fri Apr 22 01:36:57 CEST 2016

Hi,

When VLAN stripping is disabled, X710 and 82599ES act differently for me in this case when receiving VLAN tagged packets. On 82599ES the flag is set but on X710 the flag not set.

Do I maybe have old X710 firmware? Or is it not set for X710 on purpose in this case and instead the flag is used to indicate if vlan_tci is valid? Right now the enic pmd does what my X710 does, which I think is incorrect and I want to fix it.

Thanks,
John