[dpdk-dev] PKT_RX_VLAN_PKT when VLAN stripping is disabled

Ananyev, Konstantin konstantin.ananyev at intel.com
Mon Apr 25 14:02:11 CEST 2016

Hi John,
>From rte_mbuf.h:
#define PKT_RX_VLAN_PKT      (1ULL << 0)  /**< RX packet is a 802.1q VLAN packet. */
So yes, in theory it should be set up for vlan packet with both stripping on/off.
The problem is that (as far as I know) when VLAN stripping is disabled  FVL RXD doesn't contain information
does that packet contain a VLAN or not.
Don't really know what is the best option in that case: keep things as it is or change the meaning of
the VLAN_PKT flag to indicate is mbuf.vlan_tci field is valid or not.
Konstantin