[dpdk-dev] Flow Director Example?

Alex Forster alex at alexforster.com
Fri Apr 29 22:34:23 CEST 2016

Hi guys, apologies if this is the wrong list, but the others look pretty bare.

We have a 32 core server that has two X520-QDA1's NICs with 2x10G ports plugged into each. I'm using 2016.1 (latest stable) with ixgbe 4.3.15 (latest stable). I'm setting up 8 RX queues per port, and I'd like Flow Director in signature mode (?) to place packets into queues based on a hash of destination IPv4 or IPv6 address. However, I can't figure out rte_fdir_conf, and despite a good amount of trial and error, each of my ports are still only using one of the RX queues I set up.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction here? Thanks in advance!

Alex Forster