[dpdk-dev] limited tx performance with VMware VM + PCI pass-through

martin_curran-gray at keysight.com martin_curran-gray at keysight.com
Thu Aug 4 13:49:58 CEST 2016

Hello Grisha,

I'm not sure which OS you are using.

We encountered  a problem moving from sandybridge based machines to haswell based machines, with using  pass-through to VMs.

We had to change to a newer version of our OS since the one we used was too old to understand the haswell.

We intially saw a huge drop in DPDK performance in the vms, native was fine.

There were changes required in the configuration of the vms, to do with huge pages and anonymous huge pages, and VM backing with huge pages

Not sure if this helps

Martin

Martin Curran-Gray
HW/FPGA/SW Engineer