[dpdk-dev] DPDK support for on system bus connected embedded MAC

Thomas Monjalon thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com
Sat Aug 6 15:19:16 CEST 2016

Hi,

2016-08-05 16:26, Venkat Karthik K:
> Hello,
>
> I am planning to develop Poll Mode Driver for new embedded MAC which is
> connected on system bus.

Could you please provide more details about what you are working on?

> I am looking into available poll mode drivers
> support for different Network cards  in DPDK 16.07 package but all of them
> are connected and managed by PCI bus.

Yes, DPDK was historically PCI-centric.
The release 16.11 will see a good rework of the device management and
it could hopefully be possible to implement PMDs for other buses.

> Is there DPDK support for embedded Ethernet/MAC  which is connected  on
> system bus , please point me support which will help a lot for my
> development .

Please check the work of Jan Viktorin:
	http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/project/dpdk/list/?submitter=292&state=*
Some review would be welcome :) Thanks