[dpdk-dev] test: failed to clone dpdk source in windows

Jan Viktorin viktorin at rehivetech.com
Sat Aug 6 22:33:54 CEST 2016

On Fri, 05 Aug 2016 09:51:06 +0200
Thomas Monjalon <thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com> wrote:

> 2016-08-05 09:44, Thomas Monjalon:
> > 2016-08-05 10:09, linhaifeng:
> > > hi,thomas
> > >
> > > Could you change the name of file in directory app/test/test_pci_sysfs/bus/pci/devices/ ?
> > > I think somebody like us also cann't access internet in liunux.Windows not support file name
> > > include ':'.

Hello,

I am sorry for this situation but (as Thomas mentioned below) Windows is
not considered as a supported platform. If you have issues with this
approach you are welcome to prepare some patch changing this to do
the same thing in another way.

There was a discussion when accepting the fake sysfs into DPDK on the
public mailing list. I did not received any serious complaints at that
time.

Regards
Jan

--
  Jan Viktorin                E-mail: Viktorin at RehiveTech.com
  System Architect            Web:    www.RehiveTech.com