[dpdk-dev] VLAN with ixgbevf pmd

Dey, Souvik sodey at sonusnet.com
Thu Aug 18 16:46:40 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am trying to get tagged packets to work in SRIOV mode.  I am using dpdk  2.1 version with an application on KVM.

 The setup is as below: The same configuration works for untagged packets.

 Guest VM (Virtual Function/Created tagged kni interfaces)--- > KVM host (PF/no tag on the VF ) -->Client server

 When the packet is tagged (vlan tag/id) the packet is sent from kni interface to the application is it received with the tag and is also sent out to the pmd. But the packets does not go out of the host. Neither any tagged packets are coming in from out to the application. The ol_flags is set to 0 in my application.

Can someone let me know what I am missing? Do we need to do some specific configuration on the rx or tx ports for this ? Does the vlan id configured on the kni gets peculated down to the vf of the host too which is causing the issue ?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Souvik