[dpdk-dev] [RFC v2] ethdev: introduce generic flow API

Lu, Wenzhuo wenzhuo.lu at intel.com
Sat Aug 20 09:00:07 CEST 2016

Hi  Adrien,
Thanks for the V2.
May I ask a question that may a little out of the scope here. As currently we don't store all the flow rules in the driver of Intel NICs, we're trying to fill this gap. Considering we need to order the flow rules by the priority, I think it's better to introduce avl tree or RB tree or something like that. We can transplant the avl tree code from FreeBSD. But it doesn't make sense to put it in the PMD. As you mentioned you'll provide some common code in the lib, will you provide avl tree or something similar in the common code? If you have already done it, we need not waste time to do the same thing again :)