[dpdk-dev] PA to VA address conversion API in DPDK

Devendra Rawat drawat at apm.com
Tue Aug 23 09:07:27 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am implementing a PMD driver for my ethernet device in DPDK.

I have allocated HW desc. queue for receiving packets. For each desc.
there's a corresponding rte_mbuf allocated and the PA of that mbuf is put
in the desc.

In the RX callback function,
On packet reception I will get the PA from a RX desc. I need to convert
this PA to VA so that I can find the corresponding mbuf address .

Is there any API available or some other way to do PA to VA conversion ?
I need an efficient way of doing PA to VA conversion, as this will be done
for every RX packet.

Thanks,
Deven

for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains information that
is confidential and proprietary to Applied Micro Circuits Corporation or
its subsidiaries. It is to be used solely for the purpose of furthering the
parties' business relationship. All unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.