[dpdk-dev] OpenSSL and non-BSD licenses in DPDK

Bodek, Zbigniew Zbigniew.Bodek at cavium.com
Wed Aug 31 19:26:41 CEST 2016

Hello Everyone,

First of all I would like to say hello since this is my first e-mail to this
mailing list.

I would like to ask a question regarding code licensing and importing code that
uses different license than BSD-like. Especially I'm curious about the code
that goes with OpenSSL/SSLeay license. Is it allowed to import such sources
(or derived work) to DPDK? I've seen some GPL stuff, mostly kernel modules from
Intel. So what with the above mentioned OpenSSL?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Kind regards
Zbigniew