[dpdk-dev] proposal deadline

Thomas Monjalon thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com
Sun Dec 4 23:44:51 CET 2016

Hi all,

There were a lot of patches v1 submitted these last days, just before the
proposal deadline (December 4).
It's good to have a lot of features for 17.02, but it means we are going
to have a hard time to review, rework and integrate them.
I think we should make an effort to send our v1 patches (or RFC) much before
the deadline.
Or we can make the proposal window shorter, but it would be less flexible.
Another way to manage this huge flow: start reviewing the oldest ones.
And if there is not enough time for proper review of the latest series,
some will be postponed.

The statistics diagram of patches proposals (v1) per week are attached.
You can also find it at this URL:
	https://s12.postimg.org/g9uluz9u5/patchesv1.png
In case the diagram of v1 patches needs some comments, these were the
deadlines for feature proposal:
	2015 October 2
	2016 January 31
	2016 May 9