[dpdk-dev] rebasing of dpdk-next-net tree

Bruce Richardson bruce.richardson at intel.com
Mon Feb 15 15:30:44 CET 2016

Hi all

just a brief note about the dpdk-next-net tree. As many of you will have noticed
I have starting committing patches to the networking drivers into the
dpdk-next-net tree. For the current release cycle, these will be put onto the
branch rel_16_04.

Please note, though, that this branch will be rebased occasionally, as I
see the need to pull in content from dpdk.org mainline. I will attempt to keep
rebases to a minimum, but they will occur as needed from time to time.

If this causes issues for anyone, please let me know, so that we can come up
with a policy for the dpdk-next-* trees (of which next-net is only the first)
which works for both contributors and maintainers/committers.

Thanks,
/Bruce