[dpdk-dev] VIRTIO interface with DPDK in Guest VM not receiving packets

Abhijeet Karve abhijeet.karve at tcs.com
Mon Feb 29 16:23:53 CET 2016

Hi Ajeet,

We already tried setting up dpdk with vhostuser as a network attachment
option and what we have following observations,

 1st, it's not like we need to turn promisc mode enabled for host to guest
communication to happen. We can turn them up with specific dpdk
application arguments if we need.
 2nd, is when we tried cirros 0.3.0, it's found that the cirros 0.3.0 is
having a bug which clearly ignores DHCP responses. If you try with cirros
0.3.1 then it will work i guess.
 3rd, is Cirros doesn’t get ip –  root cause – br-dpdk needs to be
configured with ip and up.

Thanks & Regards
Abhijeet Karve

and any attachments. Thank you