[dpdk-dev] UX Bug in Sphinx HTML Layout for Programming Guide (and maybe other guides?)

Mcnamara, John john.mcnamara at intel.com
Thu Jan 14 13:12:52 CET 2016

Hi Matthew,

It seems to be an issue with the way the documentation section headings are
structured and with the new "ReadTheDocs" theme that we introduced for the
DPDK 2.2 documentation.

Basically, because the heading underline formats are not consistent they
don't show up as subsections in the sidebar. The previous themes used for
the docs were more forgiving about this.

In theory the subsections should show up. See this simplified example:

    http://imgur.com/qkgxGvX

I'll look into fixing it.

In the meantime use the index.html pages of the various docs to navigate, e.g.

    http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/prog_guide/index.html

John.