[dpdk-dev] rte_mbuf size for jumbo frame

Saurabh Mishra saurabh.globe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 15:40:49 CET 2016

Hi,

Since we do full content inspection, we will end up coalescing mbuf chains
into one before inspecting the packet which would require allocating
another buffer of larger size.

I am inclined towards larger size mbuf for this reason.

I have benchmarked a bit using apache benchmark and we see 3x performance
improvement over 1500 mtu. Memory is not an issue.

My only concern is that would all the dpdk drivers work with larger size
mbuf?

Thanks,
Saurabh