[dpdk-dev] bnx2x driver and 57800 versus 57810

Harish Patil harish.patil at qlogic.com
Wed Jan 27 08:32:51 CET 2016

>I have to practically identical systems, same hypervisor on each (Centos
>7.x).  In one, I have a 57800 card which works fine with DPDK with
>SRIOV.  In the other, I have a 57810 card which doesn't work with SRIOV.
>
>For the 57810 I have tracked this down to the status block in the VF
>failing to be updated.  The linux driver works fine but it appears to
>use a slightly different scheme -- writing some sort of fastpath status
>block generation per interrupt.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions or a programming guide for this device?

What is not working with 57810? Is it link related or traffic? Please
provide the details.
Attached is the SW programming guide for 577xx/578xx. I’m not sure if it
has details pertaining to the specific issue that you have.

Thanks,
Harish

FYI- I had replied to your email earlier with the doc attached but it did
not go thru’ yet due to size restrictions.

Your mail to 'dev' with the subject

    Re: [dpdk-dev] bnx2x driver and 57800 versus 57810

The reason it is being held:

    Message body is too big: 1350322 bytes with a limit of 300 KB

This message and any attached documents contain information from the sending company or its parent company(s), subsidiaries, divisions or branch offices that may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute, or use this information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message.