[dpdk-dev] xstats performance

Remy Horton remy.horton at intel.com
Fri Jul 1 11:15:27 CEST 2016

On 29/06/2016 17:40, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
[..]
> I don't think it is possible to standardize stats ids, for two reasons:
> - it is hard to maintain and avoid conflicts between drivers
> - the drivers would have to lookup the names which degrades performance

I designed it that way to keep flexibility down the line rather than
specifically for the above use-case.

> I think the idea of Olivier would improve the performance of stats retrieval,
> which was the idea of this rework :)
> Unfortunately we need someone available to fix it quickly for RC2.

For all the current drivers xstats_names[idx].id==idx so it would just
involve removing the references to the id field and updating the
documentation. Complication is coordinating with QLogic for the bnx2x &
qede xstats patches.

..Remy