[dpdk-dev] Redirect all packets to a specific VM pool

Mauricio Vásquez mauricio.vasquezbernal at studenti.polito.it
Mon Jul 4 11:03:10 CEST 2016

Hello,

I have a setup with SR-IOV where I want to forward all the packets to a
specific VM pool. I found that in some Intel NICs it is possible to set a
field called default pool. (Flag DEF_PL within the  PFVTCTL register). In
order to setup this using DPDK, I used the default_pool field in the
rte_eth_vmdq_rx_conf structure, something like this:

.vmdq_rx_conf =
 {
.nb_queue_pools = ETH_8_POOLS,
.enable_default_pool = 1,
.default_pool = 5,
.nb_pool_maps = 1,
.pool_map = {{0, 0},},
},

However it appears not to be working, all the packets are being forwarded
to the host pool.

Am I missing something?
Is there a better approach to reach my goal?

Thank you very much for your help.

Mauricio V.