[dpdk-dev] Help: How to read packet statistics from device registers via dpdk PMD?

Bill Bonaparte programme110 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 09:35:05 CEST 2016

Hi:
I am a new fish, I have tried my best to find answer about my question on
web, but I failed. so
I come here to ask for your help. the below is my question:

I found that dpdk provides a api rte_eth_stats_get to read packet
statistics about the interface, includes total input/output
unicast/multicast/brodcast packets/bytes. but the api does not work on
VMxnet interface (which is a virtual interface in VMware machine).

I am not sure if this api works for the real interface.
who has more information about this, and why it does not work on virtual
machine ?

Appreciate any comments and reply.