[dpdk-dev] 16.07-rc2 issue with rte_rtm_init(void) constructor

Damjan Marion (damarion) damarion at cisco.com
Thu Jul 14 15:24:32 CEST 2016

> On 14 Jul 2016, at 13:30, Thomas Monjalon <thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com> wrote:
>
> 2016-07-14 09:36, Damjan Marion:

>>> Yes it could be moved to lib/librte_eal/common/arch/x86/.
>>
>> Any chance to get this in 16.07 ?
>
> Yes maybe if you submit a patch quickly and it is clean enough.

OK, I already have working patch[1], but it is possibly not clean enough.
Basically I moved rte_rtm_init to lib/librte_eal/common/arch/x86/rte_cpuflags.c

Is this the right place?

Should we call “rtm_supported” different, knowing that now it is not static anymore?

Thanks,

Damjan

[1] https://github.com/vpp-dev/vpp/blob/dpdk-16.07-rc2/dpdk/dpdk-16.07-rc2_patches/0001-Fix-linking-issue-due-to-constructor-in-header-file.patch