[dpdk-dev] ip_chksum not updated in ipsec-secgw application

Thomas Monjalon thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com
Mon Jul 18 15:20:26 CEST 2016

2016-07-18 13:57, Sergio Gonzalez Monroy:
> On 18/07/2016 13:41, Akhil Goyal wrote:
> > In Ipsec-secgw application, while adding the outer IP header,
> > it seems that the application does not update the checksum value
> > for outbound packets. This result in incorrect ip->checksum in
> > the encrypted packet.
[...]
> It is intentional. The application is using IP checksum offload

The correct behaviour is to have a software fallback (using rte_ip.h)
for drivers which do not support checksum offload.
But given it is just an example, it is normal to have this kind of
constraint. However I think it should be explained in its doc.
And a list of tested NICs would be nice to have.