[dpdk-dev] SRIOV hot unplug

Declan Doherty declan.doherty at intel.com
Tue Jul 19 16:14:31 CEST 2016

On 07/19/2016 12:18 PM, Eli Britstein wrote:

> [...]

The only that I can think of which would allow bonding to support this
is if you could force a link down notification to the VF. The bonding
driver should automatically then fail over to the vNIC, but again this
is asynchronous event so I'm not sure how you could confirm this action
from the host other than by monitoring traffic?

Also I don't know if the DPDK environment has been tested to support the
removal of dynamic hot-plugging you are suggesting via the udev action.
There are no hooks that I'm aware of which would detect that the PCI
device is no longer available and then clean the resources away in DPDK.

<snip>

Also could you please drop the footer/disclaimer on replies to the
mailing list (see http://dpdk.org/ml)