[dpdk-dev] dpdk compilation issue on cumuluslinux

Raja Jayapal raja.jayapal at tcs.com
Wed Jun 1 09:37:25 CEST 2016

Hi All,

I am working on installing dpdk on cumuluslinux(2.5.7v).
I have followed the steps as mentioned in the dpdk quick start guide for installation, but the facing issues during compilation.

Steps followed:
>git clone git://dpdk.org/dpdk
>make config T=x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc
>sed -ri 's,(PMD_PCAP=).*,\1y,' build/.config
>make

Error:
-------
  SYMLINK-FILE include/exec-env/rte_interrupts.h
  SYMLINK-FILE include/exec-env/rte_kni_common.h
  SYMLINK-FILE include/exec-env/rte_dom0_common.h
  INSTALL-LIB librte_eal.a
== Build lib/librte_eal/linuxapp/igb_uio
make: *** /lib/modules/3.2.68-6/build: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make[5]: *** [igb_uio.ko] Error 2
make[4]: *** [igb_uio] Error 2
make[3]: *** [linuxapp] Error 2
make[2]: *** [librte_eal] Error 2
make[1]: *** [lib] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
root at cumulus:/home/cumulus/dpdk#

I am able to install on the Ubuntu machine without any errors.
Please guide how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Raja
and any attachments. Thank you