[dpdk-dev] Suggestions for the dpdk stable tree

Mcnamara, John john.mcnamara at intel.com
Wed Jun 1 21:01:48 CEST 2016

Hi Yuanhan,

Thanks for putting your name forward. I think your experience as the dpdk-next-virtio
maintainer will help with this.

> > We would probably be looking at 16.04 or even 16.07 as the basis for the
> LTS at this stage.
>
> Just one opinion from the view of vhost: since 16.07 is a vhost ABI/API
> refactoring release, I'd suggest to base on 16.07, and then we could have
> less conflicts to apply later bug fix patches.

Agreed. At this stage 16.07 make more sense.

I'll start a separate discussion thread about how the LTS process would work
to see if we can get some consensus from interested parties.

John.